New Mexico Reggio Emilia Exchange (NMREX), a statewide initiative
The New Mexico Reggio Emilia Exchange (NMREX) is a learning collaborative that promotes the rights and inherent abilities of ALL children, families, educators, and community members through a commitment to innovative educational approaches.
The mission of NMREX is to be guided and inspired by the principles and philosophy of the Reggio Emilia Approach. We are committed to an ongoing exchange that honors and respects all children and their approaches to learning. We value and support the expertise of early childhood educators.
Our learning collaborative exists to:
- nurture, promote, support, and make connections among our members.
- inspire and mobilize citizens to advocate for and defend the rights of all children throughout New Mexico.
- promote the belief that each child is a whole child, valued for his or her uniqueness in an inclusive community.
- be an influential voice by making learning visible in our New Mexico communities.
- be a catalyst for innovative education and research that is informed by culture, wonder, and curiosity.
- promote citizenship and democracy in our educational practices by actively constructing relations, knowledge, feelings, and identities.
- honor the many languages of children, families, educators, and community members.